The primary responsibility of the Controls Engineer position is to design and support systems based on a wide variety of software technologies including: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human machine interfaces, motion control, robotics, vision systems, and Windows applications. In addition, this position will partner with other engineering disciplines to specify and acquire factory capability from third parties, and design/develop in-house solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and support systems based on a wide variety of software technologies including: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human machine interfaces (HMIs), motion control, robotics, vision systems, windows applications (VB, C++, C#).
- Partner with other engineering disciplines to specify and acquire factory capability from third parties, and design and develop in-house solutions.
- Investigate, plan, develop, integrate, test, deploy, and document per milestone commitments.
- Interface with production and technician staff to support product quality and factory throughput commitments.
- Interface with worldwide manufacturing partners to leverage proto environment solutions to a qualified and production ready implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSME, BSChE, BSEE, BSMS, or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry control systems, MCX Controller programming and PLC experience
- Electrical hardware design and documentation experience – AutoCAD
- Advanced degree in Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in integrating tooling/automation on third party manufacturing bases/platforms
- Experience in machine vision systems
- Experience with R&D/Proto/Manufacturing environments
- Experience with PC/Win32/.Net based software solutions development
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated expertise with MCX Controller programming
- Demonstrated expertise with PLC systems (programming and integration of new hardware)
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated tool programming and real-time control knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and tools
- Demonstrated fundamental programming skills and practices, including: development, debug, start-up, revision control, and state control programming structure
- Ability to work and interact effectively with team members and individuals from other disciplines, geographical locations, and companies
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Proficiency in C, C++, C#, and/or Java
- Proficiency in IEC 61131-3 Ladder logic programming language
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. and worldwide electrical design standards
- Proficiency with Rockwell Automation suite: programmable automation controllers, communication protocols, and operator interfaces
- Demonstrated network communications knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced product development environment
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, walk-level surface, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally required to walk-uneven surface, climb stairs, climb ladder.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position typically operates in standard office and factory environments.
- This position requires use of safety glasses in factory environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
- MCX Controls: 5 years (Preferred)
- Describe your experience with programming MCX controllers:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off