BTM Company is looking to fill a position for an Application/Estimating Engineer.
BTM is a global leader in the design and engineering of specialty presses, production systems, precision tooling, and work holding equipment. For over 50 years, BTM has provided customers with innovative equipment and tooling in sheet metal industry. We have a reputation for outstanding engineering and product quality and our team is committed to manufacturing excellence.
BTM invests in its employees with opportunities for learning and advancement. We are proud to offer competitive wages, competitive benefits, education assistance, company funded 401k and life insurance plans, assistance programs, and fun company events.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of an Application/Estimating Engineer is to provide viable concepts and quotes of special equipment that meet the customers needs and budget while achieving the appropriate cost and margin structure for BTM.
· Collaborate with the sales team to understand the customers’ requirements and can provide some sales support.
· Communicate the quote timing to the sales department and or customer in a timely manner.
· Collaborate with other departments, such as Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Planning, Purchasing, Sales, etc.
· Coordinate with customer to provide custom designs and concepts for special equipment that utilize BTM core products.
· Customer analysis when creating custom applications that respond to the customers need.
· Use appropriate internal department tools to achieve estimate accuracy.
· Quotes need to be entered into proper formats and programs for access from other departments.
· Work your schedule to achieve on time quoting practices with the customers.
· Must be able to prepare and deliver presentations and quotes to a customer.
· Good communication skills
· Background in special equipment concepting along with some sales and pricing experience
· Understanding the customers budget
· Must have the ability to utilize the latest technologies in the concepts
· Basic knowledge of mechanical processes, operator and machine environments, production cycle times, along with an understanding of customer specifications is required.
· Basic knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical requirements is an asset.
· Knowledge of cost and market pricing for automation or press equipment.
· Experience with margins and setting price points is an asset.
· Knowledge in Excel, Word, Power Point, are a must. Skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Visual would be a benefit.
· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineer is preferred but not required.
DO YOU FIT OUR CULTURE?
BTM’s culture consists of values, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors shared by a team of employees who work together to achieve goals. We are looking for someone who is adventurous, ambitious, inquisitive, confident, intellectual, and lean towards engineering solutions and can also look at a concept from multiple directions to find the best solutions. It is essential to be able to work within different teams inside the company to achieve common goals.
Our vision is to be the global leader for affordable clinching and specialty press technologies and applications with world class customer support from initial contact through after-sales service. Our mission is the go-to source for clinching, specialty press, and work holding equipment that improves customer productivity.
Values: Innovative problem solving, craftsmanship and product quality, smart frugality, integrity, respect, supportive, accountable, team, learning. Listening to and supporting our customers, disciplined, fast paced execution, and taking initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance