Plans, implements, and coordinates design and construction activities affecting university facilities and grounds on main campus and extended campus.
- Responsible for the coordination of architects/engineers, contractors, surveyors, geotechnical engineers, and others necessary for completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Represents the University in coordinating capital construction projects and renovations.
- Communicates, both verbally and in writing, with all representatives involved in construction projects.
- Schedule and direct pre-construction, post-construction, progress meetings and other meetings as required by projects.
- Formulate reports, summaries, memos and recommendations as needed or as required by the Associate Director of Facilities Design and Construction.
- Perform inspections of construction/renovation activities for compliance with applicable codes and standards for compliance with specifications and address deviations from codes, standards and specifications with contractor through the appropriate chain of command.
- Prepare specifications for material and equipment purchases being utilized in construction.
- Organize, budget and track projects from programming to completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Facilities Design and Construction.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
- Three years’ experience in the field of engineering or construction.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of construction and project management and be able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in high voltage electrical distribution or electrical project management.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable construction codes and standards.
- Must be able to prepare construction plans, specifications and material take-offs.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of project management software, Word, Excel and AutoCAD fluency.
- Experience with State Capital projects.
- Specialized training or education in electrical circuits, valid electrical license or electrical engineering degree a plus.
Physical Demands Work Hours Minimum Salary Maximum Salary
Posting Date 10/07/2019
Closing Date 10/28/2019
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
- Letter of application