About the Position
The incumbent will act as Civil Engineer and design complex civil site features of large civil works construction projects; and is located in the Engineering and Construction Division in Huntington, WV
- Participate in site inspections to verify existing conditions and establish baseline data for refinement of preferred design alternatives.
- Determine possible effect of proposed features of work on existing utilities, buildings, etc., and the extent of alterations and/or relocations required.
- Perform design and layout of proposed civil site project features to include such items as alignment, grading, drainage, construction work limits, necessary environmental considerations, and other associated features.
- Conduct comprehensive studies and develop design documentation reports for various civil works engineering projects.
- Perform technical and design assignments using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and civil engineering design software packages.
- Develop contract drawings, quantity estimates and technical provisions of the specifications for conformance with good engineering practice.
- Meet with engineering and personnel of other Federal, state or local agencies, utility companies, or other private interests to explain the effects of project on their facilities and to discuss proposed relocations or other alternate possibilities.
Candidates shall have specialized experience which includes developing civil site conceptual designs, alternative analysis, and contract plans and specifications using engineering procedures, requirements, and regulations for civil works projects such as levees, floodwalls, roadways, facilities, water distribution systems and sanitary sewer utilities; proficient in using software such as MicroStation with Inroads, or AutoCAD with Civil 3D.
- 25% or less
- Business Travel up to 25 Percent
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) school
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following documents to Matt Clark.
- Copy of College Transcripts
Application packages will be accepted from 29 July 2021 to 09 August 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,649.00 - $84,049.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
To keep our staff as safe as possible, situational teleworking is acceptable. Initially, however, employees will be required to work in the office for orientation, computer setup, etc.
- Civil Site Design: 3 years (Required)