Maintenance Tech - Class III Engineer
Maintaining our hotel inside and out -whether it is a coat of paint, fixing a piece of furniture, replacing and repairing boards, grounds maintenance or helping with a TV that has stopped working - you are the person for the job. If interacting with guests and coworkers is something you enjoy it will be a good fit. We strive to offer a safe and comfortable place to work. As a maintenance team member, you help maintain the physical plant of the hotel and its surrounding grounds (parking lot, lawn, pool, etc.), with the least amount of inconvenience to others as possible. In the role of Maintenance Tech/Class III Engineer, you will:
* Be a Team Player – you and your coworkers will often be asked to assist when other departments have a need – and you are happy to do so when asked.
* Be A Go To Person – perform maintenance and repair for the property, including but not limited to painting, grouting, drywall, plumbing, etc. and basic equipment repair, as well as various other work assigned to you. You and your team support the mission of a safe, secure and comfortable guest environment.
* Be Ready to Help – you never know when an issue will arise, so you are always prepared to respond swiftly and effectively to any emergency that might arise during your shift.
* Be a Safety & Security Agent – follow your hotel’s established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and call management as needed.
Job Requirements for Maintenance Tech - Class III Engineer
This role prefers at least three years of practical experience. To be successful in this role, you must have good communication skills, with fluency in English preferred. Physical requirements include the ability to perform heavy work - exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The role also requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances as well as the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms and ability to work under variable temperatures and noise levels. You must have near vision - the ability to see details at close range and must be able to climb stairs and descend stairs in a timely fashion without fatigue as well as the ability to move quickly and agilely if a situation requiring quick assistance arises. Long work hours are sometimes required. Work will be under variable temperature conditions and noise levels and will be both outdoors and indoors (including potentially on roofs). Work will also be around chemicals, fumes and/or odor hazards as well as around dust and/or mite hazards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)