Senior Staff Software Engineer - Consumer Graph
Valassis is a leading marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform, omnichannel solutions, and unmatched targeting capabilities. The Valassis Consumer Graph™ contributes to the company’s success by combining online and offline data with predictive and geospatial analytics to provide a 360-degree view of consumers’ lives.
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to help build and maintain the components of the Valassis Consumer Graph™. You’ll be joining a talented team that is responsible for producing sophisticated data products and facilitating programmatic interaction with the Valassis Consumer Graph™. This team empowers our clients with access to rich interest and purchase intent data, consumer activation functionality, and sophisticated ad targeting capabilities.
Stuff We Do
- Design and implement a Scala/Spark job to efficiently map online observations to physical locations
- Build a pipeline for ingesting location information from an external vendor
- Add a new API method to expose relationships between web beacons and consumer audiences
- Work with data scientists to productionalize a model that’s been prototyped in a Python Jupyter notebook
- Redesign an algorithm to allow for point of interest visit likelihood calculations to be performed at a drastically larger scale
- Analyze third-party data to determine potential business value
- Review architecture of web crawling infrastructure and produce plan for increasing scalability and performance
- Debug a key-skew issue impacting a production Spark job
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to solve complex problems
- Design and develop high-performance data processing libraries using Scala and Apache Spark
- Build out new services and functionality to support complex workflows
- Vocally advocate for well designed, high quality code
- Provide meaningful code and design reviews
- Lead initiatives that cross functional and team boundaries
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience working with data using Apache Spark
- Experience writing software in a service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a party of a team
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework, along with at least 4 years of relevant development experience
- Excellent object-oriented or functional programming skills
Technologies We Use
- Scala, Python, Java, Jupyter
- Spark, Ignite, Kafka, PostgresSQL, Hadoop
- Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
WHO WE ARE
Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday™ is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Follow Valassis on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
At Valassis, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us at: email@example.com. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
#LI-JM1 #VALIND #VALGD