We are looking for a Product Design Engineer to help us keep delivering the amazing retractable screens that we have built our reputation on for over 30 years. We are looking for someone who will create new innovative designs and improve existing items and systems.
This successful candidate will apply established engineering and manufacturing principles to the design and development of new products, the modification of existing products, manufacturing equipment, measuring equipment, and supporting processes.
- Define functional design requirements, collaborate on DFMA and CTQ requirements, generate design concepts, and recommend product design approaches necessary to meet requirements for new and improved products.
- Review vendor drawings to ensure initial quality assurance and appropriate specifications and tolerances are defined; provide support in developing a measurement methodology to ensure compliance.
- Create new and maintain existing drawings in the CAD data base and develop/maintain accurate and detailed technical support documentation.
- Ensure all product designs meet test specifications as appropriate to minimize product liability exposure and ensure adequate performance to the customer (includes existing products, non-standard requests, product changes and new products).
You should have:
- A degree or diploma in an engineering or associated discipline.
- A minimum of five years related work experience in product engineering and manufacturing technologies, including designing and testing products.
- A strong understanding and application of manufacturing processes, quality control processes, methods, and techniques.
- Experience in project management and economic analysis is an advantage.
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Office and SolidWorks programs.
If this is something you are looking for as your next professional milestone, go through the full job description on our career page, https://www.phantomscreens.com/careers/ and drop us a line with your updated resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)