At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is with Ship Integration & Test in Virginia Beach, supporting the development, modification, and integration of AEGIS Combat System design changes in new construction and modernization of USN DDGs, CGs, and the new FFG(X) class. Responsibilities include assisting senior engineers:
- In the review of vendor Installation Control Drawings to develop Technical Data Package products.
- With the development and maintenance of Combat System equipment arrangement and interface drawings.
- Perform critical engineering analyses of equipment arrangement studies; in the design of Combat System arrangement models in 3-D CAD and convert models into a simulation software package for virtual prototyping; and work with various CAD systems in converting vendor and shipbuilder information into applicable formats for use in design studies.
- Perform shipchecks to determine existing ship conditions.
- Provide on-site engineering support during installation and test of new equipment and systems.
Some travel required (< 20%) for training and to waterfront locations, and short-term work in an industrial environment may be required. 20%)="" for="" training="" and="" to="" waterfront="" locations,="" and="" short-term="" work="" in="" an="" industrial="" environment="" may="" be="">
- BSME degree or other technical degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience / combined education.
- Experience with mechanical and / or systems integration.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3-D CAD.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software package.
- Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a US DoD security clearance.
- Knowledge of USN AEGIS Combat System equipment.
- Experience in the shipbuilding or power plant industry.
- Experience in designing layouts of mechanical systems in 3 planes.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.