The Toyal Group is a global manufacturer of specialty aluminum powders, aluminum pigments, and special effect pigments with end uses across a broad spectrum of niche businesses from automotive and industrial coatings to aerospace, electronics, and thermal management.
This position is responsible for evaluating and developing metal powder products and powder processing technologies and providing technical support to customers.
- Investigate market needs with sales team and recommend current products as well as develop new products per customer needs
- Evaluate and recommend most suitable powder processing technologies and measurement systems by staying up-to-date with metal powder industry
- Work closely with production and quality team to understand and improve powder processing, handling and testing challenges.
- Operate and maintain pilot and analytical lab equipment
- Lead production scale-up activities for new or modified products or processes
- Provide technical support for marketing of metal powder products
- Responsible for investigating product and technology transfer within group companies
- Initiate and maintain product technical data sheets and specifications
The minimum requirement for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Metallurgic Engineering, Chemical engineering, Chemistry or related field experience of 5 years
- Prior metal powder handling and processing experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organization skills & ability to multi-task and establish goals, objectives, and schedules to complete projects.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Metal powder screening, classification and atomization experience
- Powder characterization including but not limited to Particle size, surface area analysis, flow rate, etc.…
- Product scale up experience from lab/pilot to production scale
- Able to read P&ID
- Experienced in Design of Experiments and related techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time
- Metallurgin or Chemical Engineering: 5 years (Required)