The Design Engineer is responsible for the development of IT and technology infrastructure design documents and BIM (Building Information Modeling) models for new and renovation construction projects across a variety of industries including healthcare, commercial, retail, and education among others under the supervision of a Project Engineer. This includes working on a multi-disciplinary team consisting of other Lassen Associates employees, architects, engineering consultants, building owners, owner’s representatives, and contractors. Typically, the scope for each project will begin with design phases and conclude after building occupancy. The Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring the design models and construction documents are fully coordinated with the architectural, MEP, and structural elements in each trade’s respective BIM model. The Design Engineer will frequently be involved in multiple projects across different clients so communication, organization, and time management skills are critical.
In addition to design and BIM duties, the Design Engineer may perform cost estimating, budgeting, scheduling, or building activation coordination tasks based on specific project scope and requirements.
Initial Job Duties
- Under supervision of a Project Engineer:
- Create and maintain technology BIM models through all project phases to support engineering design of technology systems to complete projects within budget and schedule constraints coordinated with the owner, design team, and construction manager.
- Project cost estimating for IT infrastructure and technology systems and budget management through project duration.
- Development of technology standards to meet specific client needs based on industry standards.
- Integration of technology activation milestone schedules with overall project and construction schedules to support technology procurement, transition planning, building device loading, and phone/data service provider coordination.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) on all project deliverables to ensure high quality standards and project deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain Lassen Associates document standards.
- Provide additional engineering and/or BIM services depending on individual project scope.
This is an entry level position and on a career track to become a Project Engineer.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Specifically, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience in 2D and 3D modeling is a plus.
- Experience in Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks is a preferred.
In order to be considered for this job please submit a cover letter and personal resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off