The Zimmer Biomet Quality Development Program provides broad, on-the-job experience in key functional areas at Zimmer Biomet. This program also provides opportunities for action learning and exposure to key business issues through targeted events. The program consists of three eight –month rotations through various departments within Quality. Upon successful completion, program graduates will be placed into full-time position in the Quality organization. Career development tools will be provided to support development into more senior and more critical roles in future.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for Zimmer Biomet products and processes
- Develops and implements corrective/preventative action plans.
- Collects and analyzes data for gauge and product evaluation.
- Identifies critical personnel, gauges, procedures, and materials needed for the completion of new products.
- Ensures that suppliers have necessary information and facilities to deliver quality products to Zimmer Biomet.
- Reports out findings and successes to senior management
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company (suppliers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
- Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and have results orientation.
- Able to communicate both orally and in written form to multiple levels of the company.
- Demonstrates characteristics of high potential for future development opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, basic understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, FMEA, and product testing methods, and are able to use optical comparators and CMMs.
- B.S. in engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial preferred) or non-US equivalent
- Previous experience (internships/co-op) in Engineering; Medical Device preferred
Up to 20%