EyeQue is on a global mission to elevate eye care. Headquartered in Newark, CA, EyeQue is a mid-stage start-up closing its Series C round financing. EyeQue inspires consumers to learn about and care for their eyes by putting affordable, accurate vision tests directly into their hands. Based on exclusive revolutionary patented technology, EyeQue is bringing self-administered eye tests to billions of people around the world, many of whom would not have had the opportunity to test their eyes and correct their vision without access to this low cost, convenient solution. EyeQue won 5 CES awards in the last 4 years and was voted #1 best startup in Newark two years in a row!
- Design, develop, build, and test optical components, systems, and products.
- Hands-on integration and collaboration with multiple disciplines such as software, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
- Develop test methodologies for components and systems evaluation.
- Maintain and update product functional specifications.
- Work closely with overseas Contract Manufacturers to troubleshoot and improve manufacturing readiness.
- PhD in Optical Engineering, Physics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of optical imaging systems modeling.
- Competent with Zemax optical design and optimization software.
- System level understanding and whole picture approach to development.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment and fast-growing R&D team.
- Innovative, self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude.
- Basic experience with optometry, eye diagnostic technology, and or medical devices while not a basic requirement is most desirable.
Compensation / Benefits
- Competitive base salary and performance-based bonuses
- Employee Stock Options
- 401(k) plan with 3% company contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits with company-paid premiums
- 10 company holidays and 13 PTO days a year
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee discounts for glasses and EyeQue store products
- Anniversary bonuses
- Innovation awards
- Monthly gym stipend
- Unlimited snacks/drinks
- What a great place to work!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
*We offer remote work from now until June 2021 or when public health & safety measures allow return to office work.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Optimization software such as Zemax: 3 years (Required)
- human vision optics: 1 year (Required)
- Optometry, eye diagnostic technology, and/or medical device: 1 year (Required)