AECOM is actively seeking a talented and experienced Marine Structural Engineer for Savannah, Georgia. This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved with our client, Georgia Port Authority, to design a variety of port structures including but not limited to bridges, building facilities, retaining walls, heavy civil structures, and other Port related structures
In this position, the senior structural engineer can expect the following types of assignments for waterfront and or bridge/structural projects:
- Be a senior technical resource/advisor to the team.
- Develop cost proposals and procedures for executing design work.
- Assist in performing field investigations and inspections.
- Prepare inspection reports and design criteria reports.
- Perform early planning studies and assess design alternatives.
- Lead preliminary and detailed designs of waterfront and bridge structures, including developing plans and technical specification documents for both D/B/B and D/B type construction projects, and develop construction cost estimates.
- Perform Interdisciplinary Reviews of work performed by other disciplines (e.g. civil, utilities, etc.) for conflicts with structural discipline work
- Perform Independent Technical Reviews of structural analysis and design work performed by others, and of their PS&E deliverables
- Coordinate with sub-consultants and with in-house staff on environmental permitting, geotechnical investigations, and surveys.
- Provide technical support during advertising, bidding, and award of a construction contract, reviewing and responding to technical structural Bidder questions, evaluating Bidder-proposed value-engineering substitutions, and evaluating Bids.
- Provide technical support during construction reviewing submittals and responding to RFI’s, executing field inspections including punch list and final inspections approving the construction, attending construction progress meetings.
Candidates applying for this position shall possess the following:
+ Licensed Professional Engineer in one or more U.S. States, and capable of obtaining a Georgia PE license through Reciprocity process
+ BS Civil Structural Degree plus 6 years or more related experience
+ Senior Structural Engineer experience designing waterfront and or bridge structures, including at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role overseeing delegation of technical structural analysis and design assignments to staff and performing quality control reviews of their technical work performed
+ Have at least 5 years of experience leading the development of plans, details, and technical specification construction documents
+ Previous experience in the design of concrete and steel-pile-supported structures, and precast pre-stressed concrete design. Familiarity with the design of timber structures would be considered beneficial but not a requirement for the position
+ Be fluent in SAP2000, EXCEL, and WORD programs.
+ Familiarity with STAAD, RISA-3D and LPILE structural analysis programs would be considered beneficial but not an absolute requirement for the position
MS Degree - Civil/Structural
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.