The tech industry has been grappling with the issue of software quality for years, and although new tools and development paradigms have come and gone, there is still significant room for improvement. We at Vector have many tools that aid development teams in building high quality software; and have active research initiatives to extend this portfolio. We are looking for bright minds to join our research group and help design the next generation of software verification tools.
· Advanced development in the areas of software verification and formal methods.
· Brainstorming and prototyping of new concepts, and feasibility testing of these concepts.
· Generation of white-papers, blogs, and trade show presentations.
· Presentation of concepts to internal and external technical audiences.
· Bachelor’s in: Computer Science, Math, or Physics, with 3 years industry experience, or PhD.
· Extensive programming experience using: Python, C++, or C#.
· Ability to obtain and maintain USA work authorization.
· Demonstrated ability to translate complex requirements into elegant designs.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to peers and customers.
· Academic or Industry experience with one or more of the following topics is highly desirable: formal methods, algorithm modeling, machine learning.
· Local candidates only, no relocation assistance provided
· Only those applicants clearly demonstrating the required skills will be considered
Vector is a global, continuously growing engineering company. For over a quarter of a century, we have been at the forefront of electronic innovations within the automotive industry and related sectors. Vector has over 2,000 employees at 24 locations worldwide, supporting manufacturers and suppliers with a professional platform of software and hardware tools, embedded software components, and services for developing embedded systems. Driven by our passion for technology, we develop solutions which relieve engineers of their demanding tasks. Our employees work on tomorrow’s electronic technologies every single day.
Job Type: Full-time
- East Greenwich, RI (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement