WHAT WE DO
Pulama Lanai is a land and resource management company, a cultural steward, a community builder. We develop solutions ranging from conservation programs to hydroponic gardening to freshwater systems that serve both residents and guests.
We bring together people and companies to promote preservation, progress and sustainability on Lana'i.
Pulama Lanai owns and manages Commercial and Residential properties on Lana'i. The Facilities Maintenance Department works with the Leasing Department to manage and maintain these commercial and residential properties.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the supervision of the maintenance and engineering property operations of multiple commercial and residential properties. Primary responsibilities will include the direction, coordination and control of activities and personnel in order to deliver superior customer service, provide safe supportive work environment, effective budget management, and develop skills training programs for succession planning. The position will interface with other internal service providers such as Lana'i Builders and Nursery/ Landscape Department and build collaborate relationships to maximize building maintenance outcomes. The Chief Engineer will also interface with outside vendors and organize their efforts to have minimal impact on tenants and maximize efficiency in time and expense. This is a “working” managerial position, where the Chief Engineer is expected to be actively involved in working with tools and in repair and maintenance operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, preferred.
- Combined 5-10 years commercial building engineering, Construction Workeragement or Facilities Management experience, required.
- Three years of supervisor experience as senior or equivalent lead role, required.
- Five years of facilities operational experience over multiple buildings, required.
- Experience in construction and maintenance cost estimating practices, required.
- Extensive experience in reading complex architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, communications and landscaping plans, required.
- In-depth knowledge of general maintenance practices for structural, mechanical, electrical and landscaping components, required.
- Working knowledge on the functioning of HVAC units, required.
- EPA Technician Certification required, preferably Universal Classification.
- Highest-level state/ local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC plus universal level refrigerant recovery license. BOMA courses, desirable.
- SMA Designation, preferred.
- Building automation systems experience required.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Requires relating to people in a friendly and professional manner.
- Requires working to established procedures and maintaining reliable work attendance.
- Requires verbal communication skills and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to make effective decisions quickly.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work under pressure.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Driver’s License.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- FSA plan
- PTO & Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Are you able to read architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, communications and landscaping plans?
- Construction Management or Facilities Management: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisor as Senior Role: 3 years (Required)
- facilities operational: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hawaii Driver's License (Required)