STC has been recognized as a market leading company in the material area since its start in 1898. Our commitment to materials development and continuous improvement set us apart from most of our competition.
STC has complete in-house capabilities to assist with design, engineer, tool and manufacture of technical ceramics to customer requirements. Superior Technical Ceramics invests in state-of-the-art equipment and in highly skilled, knowledgeable employees to produce the industry's best components. Using ISO 9001, AS9100, 5S and lean practices and policies, STC achieves the control and quality necessary to compete, cost effectively, worldwide.
STC is a privately owned company with over 150 employees. Our multiple buildings currently encompass approximately 135,000 square feet of manufacturing space. Superior Technical Ceramics is the perfect size American company to provide fully integrate technical solutions in ceramic manufacturing, without losing sight of customer service and satisfaction.
Superior Technical Ceramics is looking for a highly motivated individual with advanced machining skills using CNC lathes, mills and grinding equipment. This position requires a highly skilled machinist with the ability to perform with precision and detail. Must have the willingness to learn, strong teamwork, positive attitude, dedication, and job flexibility are a must. In addition, you will interface with, engineering, management as well as production. You will have the opportunity to operate a variety of precision machining equipment. This position requires knowledge of machine speeds, feeds, materials, cutter tool geometry and safe operating practices.
- Analyzes job orders, drawings, blueprints and other data, and then performs necessary CNC calculations.
- Effectively writes and edits CNC computer programs that contain program codes “M”, “G” and conversational. Subprogram experience is a plus.
- Manually sets up machine work and parts.
- Monitors the operation of the machines and programs in meeting product specifications.
- Inspect and measure finished product using micrometers, calipers, dye check and CMM while documenting quality using sign off sheets and SPC charts.
- Debugs and modifies programs and set-ups as necessary
- Diagnoses machine malfunctions and makes appropriate mechanical adjustments.
- Performs required daily maintenance per our PM schedule.
- Detects and reports faulty operations, defective materials and unusual conditions to Department Supervisor.
- Provide leadership and training to entry and intermediate machinist
- Assist with the development of tooling and fixturing.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, performing a variety of other machining operations in any one of STC’s three production locations.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 years of experience setting up and operating CNC machines
- 2 years using CAM (Computer Aided Machining), CAD (Computer Aided Drafting), Mastercam experience a plus
- Full understanding of machine language. Fanuc and conversational programing, Hass, Hurco and Fanuc controls
- Ability to work independently, work under pressure while multi-tasking.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent reading comprehension and solid math skills
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- 20% Shift differential for 2nd shift
- $2500 sign on bonus for eligible CNC Machinists
- Health Benefits: All new employees are eligible for health benefits on 1st of the month following your hire date. STC has both PPO and HSA options available. Employees can qualify for a 50% wellness discount off premiums.
- 2 weeks Combined Time Off (prorated for mid-late year start) AND 9 Company Holidays and your birthday, all paid!
- 401K: Employees are eligible to invest immediately. STC automatically invests 3% into your 401K and employees can invest additionally with employer match up to 1.5%
- Overtime eligible: Time and a half after 40 hours, Double time after 45 hours. Double time is also paid to employees who choose to work on a holiday
- Attendance Incentive: Employees with perfect attendance are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Work is generally performed on the shop floor, which can be noisy and dusty, as well as hot during the summer. Proper personal protective equipment is provided by Superior Technical Ceramics where necessary.
Work involves some prolonged periods of standing and walking, as well as sitting at a desk. The CNC Machinist may be required to bend and/or squat to properly inspect or run equipment. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. and push hand carts loaded with up to 500 lbs. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels.
Related keywords: cnc machinist, machinist, cnc, machine operator, manufacturing'
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- CAM, CAD: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location