Heavy Equipment Operator Job Description
A Certified Crane operator should be NCCCO Certified and knowledgeable of the machine they are operating. They should understand capacities, maintenance requirements, and general practices for the machine they are operating. If, by OSHA requirements, a license/certification is required, they will have the license/certification in good standing throughout employment with Rylind Construction. Rylind Construction pays prevailing wage.
In order to be considered a Bridge Operator employee must be proficient, but not limited to, in the following skills:
- Must work quickly, productively and safely without error and consistently meet the production goals as set by the foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Must consistently produce quality workmanship as judged by Company standards as well as those set forth by Inspecting Authority.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work and show up to work on time every day that work is scheduled.
- Must possess a current valid PA driver’s license in order to operate any company vehicles.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary)
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry 100 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain in order to access equipment, tools, materials, on jobsite in order to complete work.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary in order to achieve the goals of the company.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn all aspects of bridge construction.
- Must understand the equipment they are operating – capacity, environment, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Must be able to perform minor maintenance – daily greasing, visual inspections, etc.
- During non-operating time they will assist the field employees in their operations as required by the onsite Superintendent.
- Must become proficient in the use of drills, skill saws, hammer drills, jackhammers, etc.
- Push wheelbarrow full of material.
- Lift and carry forms, lumber, tools, and numerous other materials and tools.
- Carry, place and tie reinforcing steel.
- Assist excavation or backfill activities with the use of a pick and shovel.
- Assist carpenters by measuring and cutting lumber, nailing, retrieving materials, etc.
- Rigging loads and signaling operators.
- Assist surveyors in stakeout by holding a tape, rod, plumb bob, prism, etc.
- Place, vibrate and learn to finish concrete.
- Assist in setting wood and steel form systems used by the company.
- Load and unload truck.
- Perform general clean up around job site.
- Use of torch.
- Perform all the above functions in a safe manner in order to avoid personal injury or equipment damage.
- Monday thru Friday (typical)
- Ten (10) hour day, plus overtime, if necessary.
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays if necessary.
- Night shift as necessary.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Job sites are located in Pennsylvania. Job sites because they are not shielded from the weather can include excessive heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather-related aspects. At times, work will be conducted on uneven terrain, at heights and near, over and in water.
Bridge Operator will get direction and must follow instructions given by Superintendent, Project Engineer, General Superintendent, Safety Director, Vice President and President.
Minorities and females are encouraged to apply. Rylind Construction Company complies with government regulations and affirmative action responsibilities. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability. EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $60.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks, Gloves and Hand Sanitizer provided.
- Bridge Operating: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- NCCCO License (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place