Hunt Electric Corporation is a national design build electrical contracting firm grounded in the simple, powerful concept of performing efficient, quality work. We value\* trust, relationships, performance, reward, safety, and diversity\*. Our loyalty is to our clients, our communities and our employees in more than 40 states. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including employer paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long term disability coverage.
We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are passionate, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electrical Estimator prepares estimates for our National Team’s high-tech, high-profile industrial projects like automotive assembly plants, mission critical data centers, battery plants, and process conveyor controls. To tackle the industry’s most challenging projects, our clients count on experience from the best of the best, and this team is the best with a combined 300 years of experience. We work together and have each other’s backs. We’re seeking a candidate with 2-5 years of industrial estimating experience, but we’re open to training someone to estimate provided they’re knowledgeable in electrical construction. This role based out of our Bloomington, MN headquarters with a hybrid work schedule of office/remote work.
- Accurately interpret the design drawings submitted by customers or engineers.
- Estimate labor, materials, and administrative costs for team projects.
- Utilize estimating software to create project take-offs.
- Address and resolve project challenges with the Sales, Preconstruction, Designers, Project Managers, and General Foreman.
- Seek quotation of materials and subcontracts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Two (2) year degree in related field preferred.
- 2 years of estimating experience in the electrical construction industry.
- Electrical code knowledge and design/build estimating preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe/Bluebeam and virtual meeting software.
- Experience using Enterprise or other estimating software.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A desire to learn from industry leaders and to exceed client expectations.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Employees are frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Rigorous cleaning schedule, daily symptom questionnaire, masks required for unvaccinated employees and visitors.
- electrical estimating: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location