Czero seeks an experienced Controls Engineer with deep expertise in software and programming for
developing embedded systems for complex machines. The engineer in this role will work as part of an
agile, highly collaborative R&D team that designs and develops prototype systems in advanced
automotive, oil and gas, clean tech, aerospace, transportation and other industries.
At Czero we work on a wide variety of projects, for companies large and small, innovating new, and
further developing existing mechanical, electromechanical, and electrohydraulic systems and
subsystems. We specialize in the engineering, design and development of first and second stage
prototype systems, using our skills to deliver innovative and efficient solutions to our customers. In a
given day, our projects may include powertrain systems, mobile and industrial hydraulics, large scale
system integration, and packaging of precision laboratory instrumentation, to name a few. If you join
us, you will work hard, play hard, and as a member of the team, strive to bring the best to every
project, building fully satisfied customers through delivery excellence.
In our R&D work, we frequently develop embedded controls systems and subsystems; including:
- Rapid controls prototyping (RCP) of real-time systems
- Development of automotive controls and testing systems
- Test system development including data acquisition
- Generation of system validation plans and their execution
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with specialization in controls (advanced
5+ years of experience developing embedded controls systems.
Essential for this position
- Expertise in all phases of embedded software development. Practical knowledge in developing
controls algorithms in C/C++ and MATLAB/Simulink for a wide range of targets.
- Proficiency in controls design, software development, embedded code generation, data
- Ability to apply skills to modeling, simulation, code development, and implementation in the
test cell and laboratory.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passionate interest, shared with everyone on the Czero team, in developing profitable
innovations that make a positive global impact.
- Commitment to Czero’s goals and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Work with clients and other stakeholders to define system objectives and specifications.
- Develop new concepts and designs to solve challenging R&D projects.
- Develop control solutions for diverse devices, machines and applications that incorporate
various control strategies.
- Select and implement hardware (rapid prototyping systems, data acquisition, etc.) and
software platforms to support desired architecture.
- Develop and test algorithms to meet system objectives.
- Model systems to determine expected performance.
- Apply established tools for software documentation, adherence to requirements, version
control, and meeting system objectives for performance and quality.
- Hands-on testing, validation and implementation of control systems in laboratory environments
and in the field.
Additional consideration given to those with experience in these areas
- Automotive, oil and gas, aerospace, heavy industrial or clean tech industries.
- Development of new hybrid architectures and intelligent control systems to update traditional
technologies for higher performance and greater efficiency.
- U.S. citizenship or the ability to satisfy U.S. Department of Justice work requirements without
assistance from Czero
The right fit for our team
Beyond technical ability, we’re looking for someone who is smart, creative, innovative, hardworking,
able to handle multiple projects at a time, and tenacious when it comes to a tough challenge.
Everyone at Czero enjoys the challenge of tackling hard problems and is willing to put in the time and
effort to solve them. Additionally, we have a true team environment, so it’s crucial that you can
collaborate effectively with diverse team members.
If you join our extended team, you will find Czero an interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to
work. Your contributions will make a significant impact on high-profile projects that are positive for our
clients, the environment and the economy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
An established, fast-growing mechanical engineering firm located in Fort Collins, CO, Czero
specializes in early-stage R&D in the areas of automotive, commercial vehicles, oil and gas, and
clean technologies for local and global companies. Our team takes on wide-ranging engineering
challenges for both private and public sector clients, developing new technologies and delivering high
quality proof-of-concept prototype systems. We are passionate about the environment, and our work
centers on scalable, cost-effective solutions to increase energy efficiency, improve energy storage
and delivery, and decrease harmful emissions.
Czero has a strong network of partner companies, suppliers, and university collaboration partners,
including the Colorado State University (CSU) Energy Institute, often working with university
researchers on cutting edge technology development. If you join our team, you will find Czero an
interesting, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Your contributions will make a significant impact
on high-profile projects that are positive for our clients, the environment, and the economy.
Please do not contact us regarding this or other positions at Czero; we already have an established
relationship with a great recruiting team. Thanks!