Assures WSI vendors adhere to WSI packaging guidelines across assigned SKU categories by reviewing test lab reports and working directly with our own packaging test labs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain general and specific packaging specifications that meet transportation and optimal distribution flow requirements for all Decorative Accessories, Functional Accessories, Table Top items, Food Products, Bake/Cookware products, Soft-lines and Textiles Products.
- Support the development and implementation of package-testing standards in our package testing labs where testing is based on method of transportation and distribution environment (ISTA-3A).
- Review package test reports for compliance, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Research, designate, and approve packaging suppliers worldwide.
- Analyze damage reports on products and take appropriate corrective actions to eliminate future problems.
- Work with the packing department to implement successful techniques and best practices that will reduce damages to outbound customer orders.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in packaging or technically related field
- Minimum 5 years protective packaging experience. Extensive experience in dealing with many SKU's at once for a wide-range of consumer type products.
- Project Management experience
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Domestic and International Travel up to 25%
- (5) Five years protective packaging experience, including: extensive experience in dealing with soft-line/hard-line goods and furniture packaging, ISTA-3A packaging
- Quality Management experience
- Process Management experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Inventor and WMS knowledge, Access and Crystal knowledge