This role offers you a rare opportunity to directly impact the energy industry alongside a team of passionate, creative engineers and entrepreneurs in a fun, dynamic innovation center. Shell TechWorks has developed a company-leading technology delivery methodology that blends systems and design thinking with state-of-the-art technologies and tools, to produce highly effective solutions for Shell. In addition to developing creative systems and products, you will also be part of a truly collaborative, inclusive, multi-functional team with a mission to help Shell produce more and cleaner energy.
For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
The Senior Systems Test and Integration Engineer (STIE) is a multidisciplinary role, in an exciting new industry that seeks to bring zero emissions mobility to all sectors of global transportation. You will be responsible for developing and executing test and verification plans for new product offerings in light duty, heavy duty, marine, and off-road vehicle applications of Hydrogen business. You will also play a role in positioning technical solutions for rapid and effective deployment for a growing portfolio of products. These new products will directly support developing business opportunities, making Shell New Energies the partner of choice in helping regions and countries to meet their emissions targets.
You will be part of the New Fuels Hydrogen Product and Technology Management team. You will work with Contracts & Procurement, Finance, and Business Opportunity Managers across different countries, programs and cross-functional teams to help build out Shell’s next generation hydrogen technical offerings worldwide.
- Using Systems Thinking/Systems Engineering principles & Lean ways of working with a focus on:
- Transform customer requirements, use cases, and functional requirements into actionable test plans
- Manage subsystem interface and systems integration verification testing
- Create engineering development test plans, factory acceptance test plans, and site commissioning tests
- Develop reliability focused tests based on environmental factors, expected product life, and equipment duty cycles (traditional cyclic fatigue tests, HALT, HASS, etc.)
- Perform JSAs, HAZIDs, Safety Risk Assessments, readiness reviews, and final walk throughs on newly developed tests
- Lead, coordinate, or monitor the facility buildouts at supplier facilities to accommodate newly designed tests
- Work with other parties in Shell and 3rd party vendors to scope, coordinate, and implement test plans
- Conduct critical maintainability and testability demonstrations to confirm products can achieve contractual Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety requirements
- Manage external relationships with national labs, government initiatives and vendors.
- Constantly solicit the voice of the customer, and reflect in products
- Use analytics to make data-driven product and system design decisions
- B.Sc in Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred
- 7+ years diverse work experience with testing, integration, reliability and deployment aspects
Required skills & Experience:
Deep experience and mastery of the following skillsets:
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
- Understanding of design of experiments, hypothesis testing, and statistics
- Understanding of instrumentation and data processing (data acquisition systems, sample rates, dynamic vs static measurements, digital signal processing, oscilloscopes, instrumentation, signal conditioning, etc.)
- Developing user function tests and full system software/hardware tests
- Proficient in at least one data post-processing software (MATLAB, python, R, LabVIEW, Minitab, etc.)
- Creating engineering development tests, and product qualification test for high value-low volume products
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry (FDA, FAA, Nuclear, etc.) and certification/qualification testing
- Create and implement hardware Integration plans
- Experience working with facilities in create new test space (new test space includes floor size and loading, power, air, plumbing, hoisting, isolation, fire suppression, ensuring safe way of working with explosive substances, etc.)
- Risk management analyses and trade studies
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to internal leaders and external partners
- Compassionate and highly empathetic
- Trustworthy & full of integrity
- Assertive, high energy, with bias to action
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate about the mission
- Consistent in a demanding environment, on time, high quality
- Collaborative and capable of building consensus internally, and externally
- Superior problem solving and critical reasoning skills
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks through Cenergy International Systems (CIS). Cenergy is a leading provider of expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world including the United States, Canada, Netherlands, Scotland and Australia.
CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package. This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in the Northwest corner of MIT’s campus, close to Kendall Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Please apply directly to the position at http://shelltechworks.mytribehr.com/careers by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time