We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Join Us?
Our culture focuses on building diverse and inclusive teams, where we embrace differences and unique perspectives, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire innovation, productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support our employees through competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
- Responsible for controls engineering and electrical support for engine programs. Manages electrical projects including new, replacement, operations improvements, and periodic repair and replacement.
- Participates in functional area plant meetings and related activities to represent engineering and to assist in reaching the plant's performance goals.
- Provides technical support and direction to support personnel/skilled trades within the organization
- Investigates system and equipment problems and provides technical input in problem resolution
- Develop cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases, appropriation requests and plans for minor project activity
- Coordinates with area manufacturing engineers on process and equipment planning, including model change, throughput, sourcing, etc.
- Maintains proficiency in their field
- Support GMS and Quality Network implementation initiatives
- Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety and housekeeping
- Maintains good working relationships with peers, hourly employees, union, management, supplier community and interfaces with necessary support functions outside of the assembly plant
- Develops and monitors planning timetables and projects schedules
- Coordinates and communicates the development of changes to improve conditions for the assembly process
- Electrical root cause analysis and problem solving
- Programming of manufacturing technology
- Analyzes product, process and technology to determine the best methods of manufacture
- Assists in the design and building of tools and equipment or recommends improvements to existing processes
- Assists maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Preferred graduation date: Spring 2022 and Fall 2022
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Prior internship experience in automotive or manufacturing!
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
- Desire to work in a plant environment
- Ability to work any shift
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.