The Amalgamated Sugar Company LLC – Paul, Idaho
Amalgamated Sugar has an opening for a Project Engineer (Electrical and Controls preferred) working at the Mini-Cassia Factory in Paul, Idaho. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Applicants must have the ability to manage multiple process improvement projects; which includes preparing budgets, generating detailed design criteria and schedules, writing technical specifications and proposals for procurement, coordinating efforts of several departments, providing technical advice and assistance with troubleshooting to other factory personnel, and providing a leadership role in the development, installation and monitoring of each project through commissioning.
The Amalgamated Sugar Company LLC is built on innovation and is a proud leader in the sugar industry and that can only happen with the best people. Qualified candidates need to be dynamic and have the ability to work successfully in a fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required. A professional engineering license or the desire to obtain a license is a plus.
- 5 years’ experience in related field preferred;
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong technical experience and field working knowledge of NFPA electrical codes; including industrial power distribution systems, Turbine-Generators, MCC’s, VFD’s, and arc flash analysis.
- Knowledge of instrumentation as applied to process control systems; including PLC, HMI, and Network systems is a plus.