Temporary (12 months)
December 12, 2020
Reporting to the Senior Project Leader at Technical Services Richmond (TSR), the Process Engineer in Training is responsible for preparation of process engineering work, including mass balances and flowsheets, work proposals, engineering scoping and pre-feasibility studies. Process engineering and/or mineral processing experience and education are an asset.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in technology screening, bench and pilot plant execution planning
- Bench and pilot plant planning, design, construction, testing and data interpretation
- Provide technical input into, and participate in, pilot plant testing, engineering studies, and data collection to support technical decisions
- Participate in plant trials or campaigns focusing on the implementation of new processes or technologies, process
optimization and troubleshooting
- Ensure that all engineering work performed is of the desired quality to meet the project objectives for safety,
technical quality and operability
- Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, or Process Engineering Degree
- Previous co-op or work experience in process, minerals processing, or mining engineering positions
- Commercial research and development experience is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive approach and willingness to learn
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.