You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More®.
The Advanced Manufacturing Project Engineer drives strategic manufacturing projects that support the company’s overall success. This role ensures projects are completed within budget, scope, time, and to the highest level of quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead through the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors. Manage assigned team members in performance of their duties. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s business strategies and objectives and ensure department is properly serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Provides direction and benchmarking of industrial norms and new technology in manufacturing, methods, materials, and advance systems used to make the company's products.
3. Evaluate, design, and implement advanced systems integrating data management for engineering, manufacturing, quality control, and material management. Involves hardware and software engineering activity, as well as evaluating findings to develop new concepts, processes, and/or equipment.
4. Define and implement strategies and plans to ensure the current and future advanced manufacturing information systems provide a greater level of accuracy and depth of detail about shop-floor operations.
5. Ensure all project needs are being met to achieve goals in the original set time frame. This includes, but is not limited to, securing additional resources, setting daily or weekly priorities for project team members, communicating to all cross-functional stakeholders, and working with the more challenging situations or people.
6. Facilitate planning sessions, support plan development, and provide planning expertise to set out appropriate approach to each project. Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams that support overall project development and implementation.
7. Align project delivery with strategic objectives, manage changes in priority and adjust project schedules as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year college degree with a major in a degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or affiliated field. Should be proficient in data architecture.
- Minimum 5 years’ manufacturing systems experience.
- Experience in Automation Engineering and/or Systems Engineering preferred.
- Program/project management experience required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage project development and engineering teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to teach and coach key skills including, but not limited to: project management, Root Cause Analysis techniques, Manufacturing Guidelines and Standards, Process Control, etc.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Ability to lead and function collaboratively in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.