For over 150 years, Fleet Laboratories’ success has come from adapting to a changing world with creative thinking and innovative product development. We've grown into a global leader of over 100 personal health and beauty products. As the world keeps evolving, so will we-- with unique new technologies and products that help our customer’s look and feel your best.
At Fleet Laboratories, the future is bright and our commitment to quality and innovation has never been stronger. Working here at our location in Lynchburg, VA, you will feel part of a team that works together to meet our consumer needs.
Fleet Laboratories is seeking a Validation Engineer to perform the functions for validation of product and cleaning of in-house manufacturing and packaging systems. This includes IQ/OQ/PQ, process validation and cleaning validation. Develop company validation standards. Support quality programs such as change control, calibration and technical releases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform all company validation functions related to manufacturing, raw materials, packaging, testing, and distribution of our products and raw materials, including writing protocols and final reports, reviewing testing methods, and analysis of data.
- Moderate direct impact on profitability results from maintaining proper adherence to validation and stability guidelines.
- Develop and write validation policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Perform IQ/OQ/PQ, cleaning, and utilities validation. Work closely with Engineering on new equipment specifications and engineering changes as related to process and cleaning validation.
- Evaluate, identify, and develop current company validation and stability standards to meet global requirements and current industry standards.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for assembling and issuing New Product Technical releases prior to initial release of product to the market.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for the Fleet Laboratories calibration program.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for line/ship tests.
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide QA oversight for the change control process at Fleet Laboratories.
- Provide technical support on process investigations, quality improvement and CAPA activities (corrective and preventive action).
- Participate in training and instruction of departmental supportive personnel and provide technical leadership to the department.
- Provide technical support to a variety of corporate and international programs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Provides oversight for the calibration program.
- Use considerable judgment skills to troubleshoot and rectify any problems in testing and processing of products while conforming to company standards for product quality.
- Perform FATs as needed and provide technical expertise for acceptance test on site
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Associates of Science and/or BS degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals or other GMP industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Validation and/or Technical Services
- Experience with equipment qualification is recommended
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Fleet, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- SAFTEY – is our top priority
- ENVIRONMENT – Clean, air-conditioned environment, GMP
- BENEFITS – paid time off, 401(K) retirement savings with company match, medical, dental and vision, pay annual targeted bonus, competitive pay, life insurance, Flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement
- STABILITY – a record of strong financial performance and a growing company, a business in the community for over 150 years
Connect with us at: www.prestigebrands.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Fleet wants to be a safe place for our employees wo work. Our employees are required to wear face masks while working at the facility.
- We are looking for someone with required knowledge gained through a Associates of Science and/or BS degree in Math, Science, Engineering or related filed with a minimum of 10 years experience in pharmaceutical or other GMP industry. Minimum of 5 years experience in Validation and/or Technical Services.
Experience with equipment qualification is recommended.
- Also, look for In-depth knowledge of current industry validation practices is required
Extensive verbal and written skills and word processing and statistical software are required.
Work Location: One location