Here at RiverStone Group, we have spent the last 125+ years working to be the best at what we do. Through our limestone aggregate products, we provide the foundation to connect people with their friends, families, and work. Although most don’t realize it, our products are used to build the homes, roads, and bridges that people throughout the Midwest use every day of their lives!
We are a mid-size, family-owned company that strives to provide our employees with a great place to work while providing for their families. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. As one of the largest privately owned U.S. aggregate companies, we have a proven track record of stability, with know-how that has been passed down and built upon throughout the generations.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Land Surveyor position that will be based out of our headquarters in Davenport, IA. An individual in this position will be required to perform Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Point Staking, As-Built surveys, computer-aided drafting, and volume calculations.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, paid Holidays & Vacation, 401k with Company match, Company Vehicle, and more!
Major responsibilities include:
- Coordination with engineers to establish project responsibilities and priorities
- Performing boundary analysis (computations) for land surveys such as: boundary, topographic, right-of-way, etc.
- Performing all layout surveying (staking) required for new site development or plant and building construction
- Aerial drone surveying and processing of data
- Topographic and stake surveys using GPS base/rover system
- Data collection and point staking using total station
- Management and setting of survey control points at all company locations
- Researching legal documentation to determine property boundaries in state plane coordinate systems
- Using AutoCAD for preparation of property boundary and construction files for use by engineers and others
- Maintaining accurate and orderly records of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks and mathematical calculations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of land surveying experience.
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to execute aerial drone surveys.
- Experience with fully robotic Total Stations and GPS receivers.
- Expertise performing boundary surveys, topographic surveys and construction layout.
- Knowledge of field to finish survey procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with Microsoft Office.
- A commitment to integrity.
- Self-motivation with a strong ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- An attitude of continuous improvement.
- A valid driver's license with good driving record and the ability to travel on an as-needed basis within a 300 mile radius from Davenport, IA.
This is a great time to join our team. If this description sounds like you, apply today!
To apply, visit www.riverstonegroup.com and click on Careers.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background checks required. RiverStone Group is an EO-Affirmative Action employer for all, including Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Land Surveying: 2 years (Preferred)
- Davenport, IA 52807 (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible