Leveraging artificial intelligence and innovative analog beamsteering and beamforming technology, Metawave is advancing automotive radar and boosting 5G coverage, economically and efficiently. Metawave is building the first beamsteering radar system capable of distinguishing between objects in difficult driving scenarios and in all-weather conditions -- making cars safer and smarter. Metawave is also delivering its state-of-the-art 5G platforms for broader coverage. TURBO active repeaters and ECHO passive relays to enable faster, more efficient 5G and fixed wireless deployments to bring high-speed connectivity to billions of users as they connect in bustling cities, busy office buildings, crowded concerts and sporting events, and under-serviced pockets all around the world.
As an Information Security Specialist, you are a core member of the Metawave team and will help ensure that our hardware, software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing to highlight potential risks, helping Metawave to improve our security. You will also work closely with our Engineers to design and build proactive methods to enhance our security posture.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable of Virtualization and Containerization, Switches/Routers (Cisco, HP, Juniper, Dell), Data Management, Windows Servers (AD, DHCP, DNS), Hardware Evaluation, Windows Operating Systems, Client Assessment and Analysis, Linux (CentOS, RedHat), Risk Management Processes, DCIM Software (Rack Tables, OpenDCIM), Documentation and Project Management (Jira, Confluence, Wrike, Gitlab), AWS and specifically will:
- Support Metawave’s teams on virtualization technology including VMware, virtual router, network/local server setup, data store, resources, ISO files, applications and templates management.
- Perform hardware, software and network problem resolution.
- Engage in regular network troubleshooting activities and resolve network connectivity issues.
- Monitor server operations, disk usage, perform system tuning and make recommendations for improvement.
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Support and maintain infrastructure hardware and application up to date; perform patches and upgrades, OS version and hardware replacement.
- Manage hardware and software purchases, and internal inventory.
- Partner effectively with external IT team and cross-functional groups across the company to ensure strong policies and security practices and partnerships are in place.
- Coordinate support on phone system issues with phone provider.
- Maintain accurate records and provide regular status reports to management.
- All other duties as needed and assigned.
- Extensive experience with IT networks, servers, software and monitoring of these systems, with focus on business systems and engineering tools.
- Experience with common attack scenarios in internal infrastructure.
- Ability to create a plan for network infrastructure layout and operation; implement this as a system-level integration, test for vulnerabilities, and resolve to maintain a safe, operational system.
- B.S. in engineering, information technology, computer science or related field.
- Excellent practical technical skills and desire to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Experienced at identification of cyber risks and taking proactive action.
- Proven clear communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Minimum 5 years IT and technical network work experience.
- Technical Knowledge requirements: Proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office; Google applications; network security and Active Directory; AV/video conferencing systems; workstation performance analysis.
Preferred but not required:
- Certificate in cyber security, risk mitigation and incident response within last 3 years.
- Experience working on government projects preferred.
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages preferred.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods.
- Ability to maneuver under desks to work on computer equipment and cables.
Job Type: Full-time