Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the ship’s 1300 horsepower R-22 refrigeration system including plate freezers, blast freezer, RSW chillers, cold storage, galley coolers and containerized cooler units. This position reports directly to the Chief Engineer.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of the refrigeration system working with one other refrigeration technician.
- Close cooperation with the ship’s other departments to provide a continuous flow of product through the plant.
- Pre and post season maintenance as required to ensure smooth start-ups.
- Assistance with other shipboard projects at the direction of the chief engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be EPA Section 608 Universal Certified.
- Experience with large R-22 refrigeration systems required. Must be familiar with screw compressors, two stage systems, and low temp liquid recirculation systems.
- Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills a necessity.
- Working knowledge of electrical and piping systems.
- Capable of communicating effectively and working closely with Production, Quality Assurance, Safety and other departments in order to achieve overall vessel objectives.
- An ability to work efficiently and with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to assist in other plant projects on board as needed.
- Prompt, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be professional at all times and represent Icicle with the highest standards.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
Job Type: Full-time