Parsons is seeking talented and experienced Mechanical Engineers to support the design, prototyping and production manufacturing of custom microelectronic devices in our Columbia, MD and College Park, MD offices. Specifically, this position will focus on the development of a quick-turn, in-house additive manufacturing capability for the design and fabrication of printed microelectronics.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Additive Manufacturing - researching and developing additive manufacturing processes, materials, and/or equipment
- Microelectronics Packaging - researching, qualifying and adapting new microelectronics packaging and assembly techniques
- Manufacturing process development, tool design, and equipment set-up/operation to support prototype and/or high volume production builds for electrical and/or mechanical components
- Designing and drafting mechanical and electrical components utilizing 3D computer-aided design (CAD) (i.e. Solidworks, Altium)
- Conducting and documenting engineering trade studies, analyses and tests.
The following experience areas are preferred, but not required:
- Printed Electronics – coursework, research or experience in the development of printed electronics processes, materials and/or equipment
- Development, validation and optimization of thermal and structural finite element analysis (FEA) models (i.e. CFdesign)
- Engineering statistics background – Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Failure analysis background
- Troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems
- Hands-on fabrication, assembly and test of 1st article engineering prototypes
- Experience with machine shop equipment such as manual or CNC mills, manual lathes, drill presses, band saws, shears and experience with molding, casting, or vacuum casting
- Familiarity with microelectronic assembly techniques
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) – solder paste dispense, component pick and place, reflow, underfill, inspection
- Hybrid – wafer processing (dice, backgrind, sort, inspect), die attach, wire bonding, flip chip, dam & fill, transfer molding, balling, lidding, laser/ink marking, inspection
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical, Microelectronics, Manufacturing, Materials, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- 0-7 years of engineering experience in a similar position.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare written requirements and specifications.
- Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information *US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED*
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Prescreen Required clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
Job Type: Full-time