The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong technical background with experience in the furniture and seating industry. This individuals will be required to lead teams and be familiar with sourcing and supply chain processes as it relates to furniture and seating. This position will be required to work across departmental boundaries in a collaborative and corporative spirit. The successful candidate will be one who can manage multiple projects, achieve results, deliver high quality designs, lead the team toward the next level of excellence and generally influence the company’s position in our markets. Prior exposure or experience in marine is definitely a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as next level management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Oversee research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of product, components and systems.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system and process malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, scheduling, prioritization of work for the team and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Guide and direct the research, analysis, and design of customer’s proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Work with upper level management to define, establish and execute on goals, objectives and projects for process improvement, organizational flexibility and culture. Assist upper management in key initiatives both internal and external. Understand markets, trends and economics which impact the organization today and tommorrow. Work to align the engineering teams efforts to respond appropriately to these outside and inside forces as defined and communicated by upper management.
- Oversee department goals, vision, KPI’s and tracking for performance. Ensure that wins and successes are properly recognized and celebrated. Work with other departmental leadership to build and improve the teams within the department.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area of Engineering/Design/Product Development is required
- 5+ years product development experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Understanding and experience in CAD systems is required
- Previous experience with Solidworks, Rhino 3D and other associated software is a plus
- 3 years minimum management and leadership experience is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop/interpret technical information
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational skills
- Good attention to detail for accuracy
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend English is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position is a mix of office-based work combined with field work with frequent visits to the Manufacturing/Production Floor. Travel up to 50% between other manufacturing plants or customer locations will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)