MANAGING ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Headquartered in Colorado with a nationwide reach, Keystone Experts and Engineers specializes in forensic engineering for commercial and residential structures. Our company has built a strategic and skilled national base of multi-disciplined engineers, giving us the ability to handle the day-to-day volume, as well as the capacity to scale up to meet the needs of our clients when large weather events occur.
The Managing Engineer is responsible for the oversight of our field engineering resources throughout the country. To meet company objectives, the Managing Engineer focuses on the strategic planning of field engineering resources and implements strategies to ensure our clients receive superior customer service and a quality, fact-based report that exceeds industry standards for turnaround time.
- Develop and implement procedures and methods for forensic inspections and reports, ensuring Keystone’s quality standards are met and maintained.
- Provide expert forensic analysis to our clients on an array of forensic engineering assignments.
- Must be able to travel throughout the country to perform forensic investigations and train Field Engineers on an as-needed basis.
- Must consistently meet or exceed our client needs.
- Write detailed and accurate forensic reports, following Keystone guidelines.
- Perform technical reviews of Field Engineer reports for quality assurance, technical accuracy, and overall consistency.
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of catastrophic claim events like hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, fire damage, and flood events.
- Manage Field Engineer schedules and turnaround times.
- Build, develop and manage a field engineering team capable of carrying out needed forensic engineering initiatives.
- The Managing Engineer must promptly respond to inquiries from clients and field engineers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by senior management.
- Forensic engineering technical capacity.
- Performance management of Field Engineers.
- Must have the ability and readiness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Communication proficiency when speaking to clients and Field Engineers.
- Ethical conduct.
- Leadership of Field Engineers.
- Problem solving and analysis of forensic inspections and reports.
- Create and effectively communicate innovative ideas to improve operational and technical procedures and methods.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required for inspections of various residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salary position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekend and extended hours may be required during large catastrophic events.
Some overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering field.
- Applicants must be an active registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state in which they reside.
- Prefer Professional Engineer License in multiple states
- NCEES is preferred.
- 10+ years of forensic engineering experience in the insurance claim industry is required.
- Experience managing engineers is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Civil/Structural Forensic: 5 years (Required)
- Castle Rock, CO (Preferred)
- A valid PE license (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative