Marquis Corp. is a world leader in the manufacturing of hot tubs and swim spas. Founded in 1980, the corporation designs, manufactures, markets and distributes products throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and several other international markets. Marquis has been employee-owned since 1999 and became 100% employee-owned in 2015. As a result of continuing growth, we are pleased to present the opportunity for an Industrial DesignEngineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Materials research and sourcing.
- Vendor sourcing and pre-qualification of parts and services.
- Application testing, validation and root cause analysis on new and existing products.
- Periodic usage of 2D and 3D design software.
- New design/part/product development and prototyping.
- Project cost estimating, scheduling and timeline maintenance.
- Tooling, fixture and jig development.
- Manufacturing implementation assistance and guidance to ensure smooth product transitions.
- Engineering database development and maintenance.
- Manufacturing process improvement utilizing methodology derived from the Toyota Production System.
- Research of new technology in an effort to streamline and improve product development and manufacturing operations.
- 1-3 years of Design Engineering experience with a focus on product design and development is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred but other engineering disciplines will be considered based on experience.
- Preference given to candidates with LEAN Manufacturing experience and project management.
Compensation and Benefits:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Low cost medical, dental, vision, and critical care insurance
9 paid holidays
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401(k) with matching program
Hours & Duration
This is a full time, in-house, permanent assignment.
Business hours are M-F 8am-5pm.
We are just outside of Salem, Oregon. You'll find our factory and corporate offices at:
596 Hoffman Rd
Candidates should reply to this ad with a resume and cover letter.
Marquis Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
As resumes are collected we will contact only those invited to interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Independence, OR (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance