This position is responsible for performing Civil and Structural Engineering tasks and managing consulting projects. Tasks include performing consulting and loss investigations, engineering analysis and engineering calculations. Incumbent presents findings by preparing technical reports for clients, and by providing sworn oral testimony and exhibits.
This position is targeted as a Senior Consultant however if an incumbent has greater experience we would consider hiring at a Managing Consultant level or higher if candidate has established book of clients.
- The incumbent is expected to deal with construction defect cases, property liability and compliance cases, and cases involving post damage assessments and scope of repairs. The incumbent is also expected to perform analysis on temporary support systems for repair and construction, analysis and design of structure and foundations.
- Prior litigation experience is a plus. Experience preparing reports in support of dispute resolution is a plus.
- The incumbent is expected to develop local clients and projects in these areas, working primarily in concert with other ESi civil engineering resources in other ESi offices.
- The incumbent is also expected to assist in other Civil Engineering projects run in the local office. Many of these projects will be in support of hydrology and water resource projects.
- The incumbent communicates with the client or potential client and prepares or reviews project proposals or plans to determine the required tasks, schedule, budget, and procedures for accomplishing project goals.
- The incumbent makes recommendations to clients or potential clients and to the Practice Director to accept or decline potential new projects based on all variables. During the project, when appropriate, the incumbent may recommend increases or decreases in the scope of the ESi work.
- The incumbent plans, manages and coordinates his/her own work along with project activities with ESi consultants and others to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and at funding levels acceptable to the client. The incumbent may perform these duties and tasks personally, or may assemble the work that integrates tasks performed by others including other Consultants, Staff Engineers, technologists, and others.
- The incumbent may be testifying in deposition and or trials as an expert witness or may assist in preparing another expert to testify.
- The incumbent is highly skilled in Civil and Structural Engineering and is able to obtain internal work from other ESi consultants on their projects in this particular area.
- The incumbent performs field inspections of residential, commercial, marine, transportation and industrial structures or equipment, etc. to determine cause and origin of reported or suspected damages as well as to prepare condition assessments and, when required, to develop alternatives.
- The incumbent prepares and reviews technical, project-related reports from others for clients as required, confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- The incumbent confers with project staff to plan and complete project work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of tasks.
- The incumbent, in coordination with the project lead, sometimes directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budgets. At other times, the incumbent is providing engineering services for tasks assigned by the project lead.
- The incumbent may conduct well-developed and well-prepared client presentations and technical conference presentations.
- The incumbent mentors junior consultants to facilitate their growth and development
- The incumbent performs marketing and business development activities to identify potential clients and strategies to build client base. The incumbent is sometimes responsible for representing ESi and its consultants to potential clients and at conferences and meetings. Business development activities may include making presentations and introductions in order to obtain additional clients and projects, and/ expand ESi’s business.
- There may also be a need for the incumbent to assist with additional daily tasks such as artifact handling, office and/or lab maintenance, and other office needs as directed by the Operations Manager.
Civil Engineering degree from ABET accredited educational institution, BS (MS preferred) degree, or equivalent non-US accomplishments. Should hold a Professional Engineer’s License (CE and/or SE and/or GE). EIT plus ability to obtain a PE license within the first year may be considered.
5-10 years’ experience in civil and structural engineering
Experience and familiarity in inspection and engineering of residential and industrial facilities
Structural inspection and condition assessment experience preferred
Must be agile in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and other modules appropriate to the practice. Must have some computer graphics skills, and CAD capability is a plus. Must be able to do field work using test equipment commonly used in the area of expertise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. Travel and field inspections may involve walking, climbing, and carrying equipment up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the work is in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work may occasionally be outdoors, in an industrial workplace, a construction site, or in unheated buildings and might be in noisy and dirty work spaces.
Please visit our careers page at http://www.engsys.com/careers.
From there you will;
Create a profile
Complete the application
Upload your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are suited for this opportunity including your salary requirements.
It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you need assistance with completing the electronic application, please email your request to email@example.com