PMSI provides advanced management solutions for agri-businesses worldwide. Our computerized data collection, reporting, and control systems help advance the agri-industries while providing our staff with an environment rich in innovation, challenge, and purpose. We maintain industry leadership by producing high-quality products, embracing change and working as a team to provide timely responses. PMSI is located in Lowell, Michigan. The territory location for this position is the West Coast area of the US and Canada.
This person will be responsible for the implementation, installation, application, and service of electrical, PLC, and computer control systems in the field, especially as applied to process and/or HVAC equipment. This position also incorporates sales, market development, product consulting and the preparation of equipment and system quotes.
- Implement, and customize PMSI control systems for customer installations
- Install, wire, terminate, configure, customize, and troubleshoot PMSI control systems and components at customer locations.
- Provide supervision, inspection, testing, evaluation, and education of other contractors and their work relating to our systems
- Identify and evaluate new challenges and opportunities for PMSI customers and systems. Help to develop solutions to meet these situations. These situations may occur in bird behavior, process control, third party equipment, farm the operation, etc.
- Read, understand, and be able to explain to others electrical and mechanical drawing packages, datasheets, and instructions from PMSI and other sources to integrate the various components of a control system
- Provide training, advice, guidance, direction, and consulting to customers and contractors as far as recommended practices, PMSI equipment operation, egg production, egg processing, and other related systems
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft Windows, PC's, networking, PMSI equipment, and systems as well as related third party systems over the phone, via email, and through remote access
- Perform systems upgrades on-site or remotely
- Frequently contacts customers regarding any service needs
- Troubleshoot third-party mechanically, electrical, and controls systems to ensure proper operation of PMSI equipment
- Provide onsite customer interface and project management
- Develop company and department level documentation
- Provide market intelligence in general, including feedback on price competitiveness in the field.
- Identify product opportunities and deficiencies.
- Implement sales programs to increase sales, product mix, and market penetration
- Understand customer documents and requirements and utilize them to prepare quotes for equipment and systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Good interpersonal skills and mindset required.
- 3-5 years' experience in one or more of the following
- Industrial, agricultural, process, and/or HVAC controls, computer networking, agricultural equipment, operation and/or technical maintenance, control level electrical systems, PLC’s and automation systems, complex electronic systems, field service involving controls, electronics, and/or PLC's.
- Outside Sales, Customer Service, and/or Marketing Ability to read and use schematics, drawings, documentation, and datasheets.
- Experience in project management, but not necessary.
- Experience in customer service and general knowledge of common office software and email.
- Proficient and diplomatic with oral and written communication with customers.
- Technical aptitude and experience preferred, including electrical and mechanical systems.
- 50-75% Travel and willing to work irregular hours and weekends as required.
* Willingness to work in an agricultural environment. Employee may encounter condensing humidity, heat, cold, airborne ammonia, airborne allergens, cleaning and disinfectant compounds and environments that may be dirty, and dusty during the course of work. Ability to both stand and sit while working for long periods of time, climb stairs and ladders, have the ability to move around and through agricultural equipment and construction sites, use lifts, power, and hand tools, and any other activities generally associated with construction, outside sales, and office work.
PMSI offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation.
To learn more about PMSI, please visit our website at www.pmsi.cc
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $28.00 per hour
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply