Project Engineer / Designer, Municipal Infrastructure (Civil)
Team Leader and Sr. Project Manager
Markham or Oakville. ON
Founded in 2003, Cole Engineering Group Ltd. (COLE) is an employee-owned, Canadian firm that provides consulting and advisory services in planning, engineering, and P3 in the water, transportation, urban development and environmental sectors. With offices across southern Ontario, COLE is now one of the largest independent consulting engineering firms in the province. Our team is our #1 asset. We hire agile, driven, enthusiastic people who want to be part of an exciting, growing company. COLE is committed to employment equity, diversity and creating a positive and growth focused environment which supports a culture of excellence, team-work and professional development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will join one of Canada's 2019 Top 100 Employers for Young People, and be a part of an exciting, growing company. Your team is focused on delivering excellence, building teamwork and developing professionally. You'll work hard and play hard in our games room, proving your mettle in pool, ping pong, foosball, darts and PlayStation. Then you'll get to relax and enjoy our monthly socials, office barbeques, annual golf tournament and regular team-building events. Think you can win COLE's Amazing Race? Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to train in our on-site gym and enjoy regular office visits from chiropractors, osteopaths, massage therapists and naturopathic doctors.
It’s not all fun and games! COLE’s Municipal infrastructure team is looking to add a self-motivated Municipal/Civil Engineer who can provide design, report writing and engineering support across our Municipal Infrastructure Service Sector. You will use your experience and apply your design skills towards the preparation of base drawings, sketches and detailed designs, as well as contract document preparation including pre-tender estimating. Additionally, you will support and execute project coordination activities through all stages, including planning, design, construction, forecasting and coordinating of finances and resources. Lastly you will be expected to recognize opportunities, understand client needs, schedule and deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Manage and/or support Infrastructure projects, including water, sewer, electrical conduits and roadway design.
- Be involved through all project stages, from definition, through planning, design, and construction using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs and manage and deliver projects
- Schedule projects and meet deadlines.
- Prepare proposals, feasibility studies, and functional service reports; develop cost estimates, tenders, and specifications.
- Prepare reports to investigate field and design problems.
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts.
- Conduct site visits and inspections.
- Liaise with clients.
- Ensure adherence to all COLE procedures, processes and systems.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner while dealing with any/all of the following: fellow COLE employees, utility representatives, public or private industry, etc. at all times.
- Participate and engage in team meetings.
- Conduct day-to-day tasks in accordance to legislated and Company-dictated Environmental, Health and Safety mandates and other Company policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.) or be in the process of obtaining your designation within 4 months of being hired.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of MS Project an asset
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload to meet deadlines, with strong focus on attention to detail;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to work within a team and customer-oriented environment.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Strong work ethic, motivation and professional judgement.
- Team player with a positive attitude;
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work effectively under strict deadlines.
- Valid Ontario G Driver Licence with ability to travel to sites independently
COLE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development. We are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.