The purpose of Mechanical Supervisor position is to provide project-wide supervision of Mechanical construction/maintenance projects or multiple smaller projects including the following: field execution, safety performance, development and attainment, management of work crews, cost and productivity performance, quality, and administrative functions such as payroll, time card approval, Work Plan development, and project logistics, etc. This position requires maintaining a good working relationship with customer representatives, engineers, vendors, subcontractors, and project management personnel.
This is a full time maintenance opportunity. No per diem and no relocation funding.
- Mechanic Foreman/Lead
- Mechanics and Millwrights
- Subcontractors and vendors
Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and organize all aspects of a single large, more complex project or multiple electrical projects
- Efficiently manage resource utilization across multiple projects
- Administrate staff and subcontractor meetings
- Recruit supervision and hourly trade personnel
- Manage crews, equipment and material resources
- Logistics development and management
- Cost performance
- Productivity performance and improvement
- Develop project Work Plans
- Work crew productivity
- Safe work performance, practices, and administration
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage Foremen to develop innovative methods for increasing efficiency, productivity, and profitability in their particular operation and to provide feedback and coaching on how the work is proceeding
- Oversee the hourly time card reporting program. This covers items such as approving all of the Foreman’s Daily Control as well as other duties prepared by the Foremen, with employee-owners such as hours, job number, cost codes, and quantities.
- Responsible to complete project milestones on or before contract requirements.
- Assist in the development of baseline schedule for projects
- Responsible for selection of equipment for projects. Direct priority of operations, allocation of equipment and materials for General Foremen and Foremen.
- Ensure that equipment is being used for its intended purpose in the correct manner.
- Manage scheduling of all QA/QC inspections of work necessary to obtain customer acceptance of the work.
- Has the ability to manage large staffs and projects, coordinating the efforts of all subordinate staff, craft personnel and subcontractors. Organize the staff into an effectively coordinated working unit.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customer representatives, engineers, consulting firms, and other parties. Attempt to resolve problems at the lowest practical level through direct negotiations with concerned individuals.
- Responsible for accident- and incident-free execution of all work activities
- Enforce all safety regulations and customer and company policies, and to be constantly alert to all safety conditions.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in resolving day-to-day construction problems; investigate alternative work methods and materials to improve efficiency and work quality; and work closely with customers, engineers, and consulting firms to resolve issues
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and codes relating to construction activities. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures including employment, terminations, compensation, etc.
- Strong advocacy skills.
- Ensure successful project completion.
- Review and approved daily reports of all activity associated with field construction activities, and ensure other supervisory personnel complete reports daily basis.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience –3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Must pass drug screen and background check.
No per diem and no relocation funding.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location