- Design, development, enhancement, testing, documentation, and maintenance of custom business application software systems in a high-performance team environment
- Maintain, modify and enhance existing J2EE applications
- Design and implement new initiatives that utilize WebSphere portal, WebLogic and Rational tools (Rational Team Concert)
- Support critical systems 24/7 if needed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analysis, Object Oriented Design, development, implementation and maintenance of software applications using JAVA/ J2EE.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming using J2EE, XML, Web Services (REST API is a must), Servlets, JSPs, JSON.
- Knowledge of building enterprise Java applications using Maven/Gradle/Ant.
- Knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL in Oracle 10G+ and SQL Server Databases
- Experience with Application Servers like Web WebLogic 12 and above, JBoss.
- Experience with in working with Eclipse, Version Controls.
- Have thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Agile Model Driven Development (AMDD).
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with MVC architecture, Spring 2.5+, Struts framework.
- A candidate should also be a well-rounded individual with great analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, enthusiastic about taking ownership of assignments, and possess a strong commitment to quality.
- Should have a “can do” attitude, be comfortable with providing reliable work estimation and complete deliverables by the deadline.
- Experience with using the Object Relational Mapping tools like Hibernate.
- Experience in systems upgrade and integration
- Have team spirit, be able to work collaboratively as a team, flexible and willing to pitch in where needed. This may mean on occasion helping with other functions (e.g. QA, Operations).
- Ablility to work independently, while remaining an effective and efficient member of cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $64,870.00 - $158,318.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Malden, MA 02148: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- REST: 5 years (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)