Commercial Roofing Designer-Estimator
We are a roofing industry leader with locations throughout the USA. We specialize in roofing service, restorations, and replacements. We are looking for employees with a great work ethic, and drive to join our organization at all levels. We offer an established career path that will enable you to advance in compensation, responsibility, status, and authority to the degree that your abilities and desire allow.
Due to our growth and continued support of our customers, We currently have an opening for a Roofing Designer & Estimator to join our team in the Youngstown, OH area.
Who you are:
This position is responsible for analyzing existing commercial roof take offs, then for providing solutions of either a repair, restoration, or replacement and estimating the solution.
The Roof Designer & Estimator will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate designs, scope of work then estimates for all commercial/industrial building types.
The roof designs and scopes of work are developed from our technician evaluations and Discovery Reports. The Designer-Estimator is responsible to review all estimates and revise them as needed, and abide by the company strategy of Repair, Restore, and Replace in that order. This individual will also understand and design to the following guidelines: FM, UL, energy star, Miami Dade, Local code, and ASHRAE approved SR Product systems and scopes when needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage cooperatively with company staff, including Executives, sales people, Superintendents technicians, and Foreman to assemble documentation, prepare estimates and value engineer roof solutions.
- Review site or technician documents and define scope of work.
- Comprehend Roofing Design Standards; National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) guidelines; and FM Global, Florida Building Code & Miami Dade assembly compliances for wind uplift.
- Evaluate roof conditions from photos, thermal imaging, roof plans, roof evaluation reports, and communication with the regional sales representative and customer to create design solutions for repairs, restorations, or replacements.
- Evaluate and calculate wind uplift and thermal R-Value requirements for each roof location.
- Review local building codes regarding building and energy code requirements and compliance.
- Prepare comprehensive scopes of work for roof restorations and replacements using our products and systems.
- Understand and utilize all our Product systems and product offerings regarding restorations and replacements.
- Review estimates and bid proposals; for accuracy and the best value engineered scope of work in order.
- Execute take-offs of technician documents and utilize computer applications to expedite cost analysis of material, labor, equipment, and overhead costs.
- Engage cooperatively with Project Managers, Production Superintendents and Foreman to ensure accurate estimate and the best value solution.
- Assist with completion of project paperwork, warranties, and building owner requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and customers.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum Associate Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field such as construction, design, engineering, or project management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial roofing project management, estimating, design/build, and evaluations in single ply, BUR, Modified, and Metal Roofing.
- 3 years minimum of sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM, and estimating software.
- Energetic, enthusiastic quick learner who is self-motivated with good work ethic.
- Strong skills in listening, organization, problem solving, and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding, and flexible environment.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k, with discretionary company match
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any applicant on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by the Federal or State law or local ordinance. If you're interested in coming to work for a leader in the roofing industry, submit a resume today
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Commercial Roofing Project Management: 10 years (Required)
- Youngstown, OH (Required)