Cloud based WebServices development using Java technologies, Database knowledge (PostGres), AWS Cloud technology and deployment methodologies.
Top 3-5 Soft Skills for culture fit:
Collaborative team member, takes initiative and is productive, effective communication
Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): 5+ years of experience minimum
Software skills required:
o Experience with Spring MVC. Experience with JSON and XML. Knowledge of RESTful interfaces.
o Experience with platforms and tools: Linux, Maven, Git and/or BitBucket, Grails, Storm, Kafka, Postgres DB
o Experience in cloud-based environments (deploying, managing resources in AWS, Azure or Google cloud) JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, GitHub experience is a plus.
Any certifications required? No
What similar companies do you like to see candidates from?: WebServices with Aviation experience if possible
Responsibilities and Duties
SDET Level 4 – Development Emphasis
- Develops, maintains and implements software code by utilizing software development programming languages tools in defined environments that adheres to allocated requirements and design. Participates in internal code walkthroughs.
- Develops automated unit test procedures and scripts needed to complete development rigor requirements.
- Develops/decomposes, documents and maintains designs for software implementation artifacts consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices. Participates in internal lifecycle data reviews.
- Contributes to software requirement definition and verification activities.
- With general direction, provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans. Coordinates and participates in project management reviews and compliance audits.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components. Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- For all phases of the software life cycle contributes as directed towards: develops, selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics; and utilizes regulations and industry standards. Participates in process reviews.
- With general direction, provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, contributes to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- As directed and able, provides subject matter expertise on software techniques, methodologies and processes to customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel. Provides guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution of regulatory, domain and specific software systems.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Must have 5-8 years' experience with skills in the following Technology
- Familiarity working with Selenium and/or Fitnesse test automation frameworks. Experience authoring, executing and evaluating automated test scripts and results.
- Familiarity with industry and corporate best practices in software development using Agile or Scaled Agile methodologies and frameworks.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 to $65.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work authorization ( US citizen, GC ,GC EAD, OPT EAD etc)?