Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms industries and many others, seeks a motivated Software and Controls Engineer to create and support our new Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) program. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience challenges and growth, check us out! Our successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and will have the opportunity to work globally.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
Our Mobile Robotics Controls Engineer will utilize work orders that capture customer specifications and our mechanical design team capabilities to create a system capable of supporting our robotic finishing systems. This position maintains a strong customer focus and relationship support, so we’ll look to you to demonstrate past experience building and maintaining customer relationships.
Core Responsibilities Include:
· Develop our new AMR (MobileTend), and research and recommend program and parameters for implementation.
· Conduct field installation and support of equipment.
· Setup and program PLC’s and robots
· Setup and program safety PLC’s to adhere to safety regulations
· Program Robotic Cell logic to handle part flow and process
· Research and implement emerging products and technology
· Assisting with project timeline creation and delivering results based on project schedule
· Manage customer and vendor relationships to create maximum value
Experience / Qualifications
· 4-year B.S. Degree or a combination of equivalent work experience and education
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally for customer support up to 25%.
· Experience with PLC and safety PLC programing
· Prior collaborate robot experience, with full and demonstrated capabilities
· Prior experience with AMR or AGV Technology
· Significant robot programing experience
· Ability to work remotely without supervision
· Capable of working on multiple jobs at once and utilize time accordingly
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Acme Manufacturing Company is one the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the robotic surface finishing space.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
Acme is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $1.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Auburn Hills, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations