Avalign designs, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality, precision-machined tools and implants for a wide variety of surgical and medical specialties around the world. From proprietary implant coatings to German-made instruments, Avalign is a leading full-service manufacturer known for consistent and sophisticated production and supply chain management. Avalign Thortex's asymmetric porous coating on implants provides patients with more stability and less healing time.
Create and/or edit programs and set up sheets used in the operation of CNC lathes and mills. Design fixtures, maintain data and records for the programming area.
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
· Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes.
· Accurately and consistently document all performed tasks on appropriate records (work orders, inspection sheets, maintenance logs, and etc.).
· Inspect documents for previously completed operation sign off and verify part counts before beginning any manufacturing operation. Do not proceed if discrepancies are found.
· Perform required maintenance checks of equipment before beginning any manufacturing operation. Do not proceed if problems are found.
· Prior to use, ensure measuring equipment has been calibrated, is not beyond calibration date, and is in good working condition.
· Follow established protocol to maintain ID & tractability of product and documentation. Do not perform operation if ID is questionable.
· Reference applicable drawings, specifications, and Manufacturing Process Instructions before beginning any manufacturing operation.
· Follow department Standard Process Instructions.
- Provide responsive support in the production of close tolerance components machined on CNC Lathes and Mills.
- Resolve machining related quality issues.
- Create, modify and verify programs for all shop equipment.
- Design and program work holding fixtures for varying levels of production.
- Optimize component cycle time by optimizing programs, cutting tools, and work holding.
- Create and maintain process documentation for legacy products.
- Research, test, and implement new cutting tool, work holding, and programming technology.
- Ensure all new CNC programs introduced comply with and support product flow through the facility.
Qualifications & Experience:
- AS Degree in Manufacturing Technology preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with various CAM software packages (MasterCam preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of experience working with CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Medical device manufacturing is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience using a scientific method of problem solving.
- Experience with various inspection methods including mechanical inspection and CMM inspection.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5 standard.
- Understanding of design and manufacturing engineering documentation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, CAD,CAM)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid Life Insurance, 1x annual salary up to $100,000
- Supplemental Life Insurance available for you, your spouse and children
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Company paid Long and Short-term Disability
- 401(k) – current match is 100% of the first 4%
- Target bonus (paid quarterly): 4%
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation/Sick pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- CNC programming: 4 years (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible