The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts with offices located in Oregon, Washington and California. The Mechanical Systems Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of mechanical systems of the buildings on the Marylhurst campus for the Sisters of the Holy Names.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mechanical support to maintain and repair HVAC and mechanical equipment;
- Provide preventive maintenance and repair for all campus boilers, air handlers, cooling towers, heat pumps, water fountains, indoor spa and hot water loop systems;
- Maintain 500 HP fire tube boiler and 12 packaged hot water boilers;
- Communicate with Facilities Director on equipment status and repair issues;
- Order parts/supplies as needed;
- Work with mechanical contractor to trouble shoot and repair HVAC and steam distribution system problems as needed;
- Provide mechanical support for equipment installations on campus;
- Maintain and repair kitchen equipment including walk-in and reach-in coolers, ice machines, cooking equipment, warming and storage equipment, dishwashers, and steam equipment;
- Maintain and operate direct digital control (DDC) systems (Automated Logic);
- Perform basic plumbing repairs as needed;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, including assisting other facilities team members when needed;
- Review utility bills for energy conservation and efficiency;
- Stay current in needed professional skills appropriate to job assignments and responsibilities.
- Assist in emergency response training activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Graduate, two-year technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years combined experience in heating/cooling operations and maintenance and plumbing repair and maintenance.
- Type II Refrigerant license required.
- Limited Low Voltage license preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification.Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: * Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
- Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
- Must possess current valid Oregon driver’s license and provide proof of a good driving record from DMV.
- Ability to obtain/maintain insurability under SNJM vehicle insurance plan.
- Proficiency and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment associated with heating and cooling systems;
- Knowledge of applicable boiler and plumbing operation and safety codes;
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics related to HVAC and refrigeration systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work from written or verbal instructions;
- Experience with automated building controls, DDC (Automated Logic).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Ability to twist, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, and walk on uneven ground.
- Ability to lift ladders, tables, pipe, and lumber (25 to 50lbs regularly; up to 100 lbs. occasionally)
- Ability to safely operate power tools.
- Must be able to pass a pre-placement medical exam.
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm. On-call for emergencies as needed.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Type II Refrigerant (Required)
- United States (Preferred)