Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration? Do you like seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as a Test Engineer!
The Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our members integrate authorities across the nation, within Lockheed Martin, our industry partners and leading research universities, into one fast-acting, collaborative group.
Join us as a Test Engineer, working for one of the top companies in the world where you will be will be working on the Geostationary Lightening Mapper (GLM)/Solar Ultra Violet Imager (SUVI).
As a Test Engineer, you will:
- Support integration and launch activities
- Assist more senior engineers with automated test scripts and Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Learn about the flight electronics
- Support flight mission operations
- Support flight anomalies and troubleshooting
- Support technical reviews and be able to present to internal and external customers
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Computer Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Familiarity with LINUX, C++, automated test script language
- Familiarity with micro-controllers
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn and grow
- Experience or coursework with LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.