Construction Project Manager
The role of the project mgr. is to manage/oversee multiple projects at one time including all aspects of projects mgt., budgeting/estimating, manage project schedules, forecast and manage project risk, communicate daily with field superintendents and project managers, prepare reports for upper management on project statuses, and communicate with clients throughout the project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scheduling of construction projects
- Ordering building materials to job-sites
- Coordination with selections coordinator to have all materials selected and ordered prior to job start
- Fill out and send Sub-contractor contracts prior to onset of project
- Project Estimating
- Sending out Construction documents for upcoming jobs for pricing
- Processing Invoices
- Coordination with subcontractors, vendors, and superintendent
- Conduct job ready/job complete checklists for each phase of work, on each unit/house to assure orderly and complete progress of work before any work is approved for payment and other trades.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationship with city or third party officials and inspectors to obtain all approvals for certificate of occupancy.
- Positively communicate ideas for improvement and work as a team player.
- Manage weekly walk-thru with superintendent
- Assisting in delivering materials to job-sites when needed
- 7+ years experience as a construction manager/builder of both residential and light commercial projects
- College degree preferred, but not required if you have the relevant experience needed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working closely with engineers, designers, subcontractors, and project managers to manage and meet project timelines
- Must be knowledgeable with Project Budgeting and Estimating
- Excel/Email/Internet and computer literate.
- Proficient in Estimating software (i.e. On-Screen Takeoff) and BUILDER TREND management software.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 4 years (Required)