Position Title: Project Engineer – Medical / Mechanical
Department/Location: Corporate office – Milwaukee WI
Reports to: VP Product Innovation
Engineering team member that is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, prototyping and building of new products as well as maintaining and improving current product lines. Role includes project planning as well as designing and development work on mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
All employees at BioCut work for the customer and strive to provide “customer delight.” Each of us has areas of expertise, but these roles do not confine us. Rather, they provide a starting point where we delight the customer, continuously improve, and challenge others.
- Prepare detailed project plans, including statements of technical specifications, task breakdowns, schedules, project cost estimates and product cost analyses
- Compile and maintain design history files for products
- Read, interpret, and analyze blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Design products using CAD system (SolidWorks)
- Perform field instillation and preventive maintenance on our products
- Design, assemble and test prototypes
- Assemble custom machinery (Mechanical builds that can take up to 3 weeks to assemble)
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure compliances to established internal and external specifications and standards
- Apply knowledge of mechanical design principles to create custom parts
- Apply and specify tolerances commonly used in machine design
- Perform and document tests for internal use or for customer reference
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred with minimum of 2 years of experience that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience in project management preferred
- Solid understanding and demonstrable execution of Mechanical assembly processes
- Strong Engineering design and development experience and background
- Minimal, up to 25% depending upon customer need.
- Travel may be up to twice per month, duration of trip varies (overnight, up to one week maximum).
- Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires walking and standing and some climbing during the day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
BioCut Work Behaviors:
Quality of Work
- Demonstrates skills and ability necessary to perform the job.
- Independently manages acceptable workload; maintains appropriate work/life balance.
Commitment and Initiative
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to the Company’s success and growth.
- Customer-focused (both internal and external customers).
- Can identify problems/issues and participates in problem resolution as appropriate for job level.
Managing Time and Resources
- Effectively and efficiently manages workload with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Is flexible and adaptable to meet changing priorities and workload.
Working with Others
- Is seen as a team player; gains trust by supporting colleagues; is a collaborator.
- Makes others better.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
I understand that this Project Engineer – Medical / Mechanical is intended to convey the general nature and information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position. The requirements of this position may change or I may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan