Role: Tooling Engineer is required to conduct APQP with customer , design tooling and oversee the build of tooling. Identify processes to produce a casting to customers’ needs/specifications. Utilize flow and solidification software to assist in planning for gating and rigging.
- Provide leadership and management skills to supervise and train pattern shop personnel. Instructing employees to maintain and repair tooling, make and install gating and rigging.
- Work directly with customers and suppliers on tooling development.
- Track/report on progress of new work and engineering changes.
- Assist with quoting process.
- Assist Manufacturing with improvements on existing work.
- Monitor status of jobs placed on hold.
- 5 years of foundry experience.
- Experienced in engineering casting processes for gray and ductile iron castings
- Able to interpret customer supplied 2D drawings and 3D CAD casting models to determine foundry capability, process methods and tooling development
- Capable of designing patterns, coreboxes, fixtures, coreprinting, partings and working with pattern suppliers to develop and build tooling.
- Ability to design gating and riser systems to produce defect free castings.
- Experienced in Solidification modeling.
- Ability to create 3D models of basic gating shapes for solidification and flow modeling.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and resolve process quality defects.
- Understanding of green sand and no-bake molding processes.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes for yield, efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Highly organized. Able to manage multiple projects to satisfy timelines.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to represent Badger Foundry and communicate with customers.
- Maintain engineering records, job tracker, lead daily production meetings.
- Possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location