This position will be based in Braintree, MA, but will be expected to assist with IT support at other locations. Some day to day travel will be required.
Candidates must be a self-motivated and well-focused individual with a user-friendly personality.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail essential Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Responsibilities for Systems Engineer
- Work as part of a team of seasoned IT professionals.
- Hands on troubleshooting of server and networking hardware in accordance with industry best practices.
- Install, upgrade, and remove server and/or desktop applications
- Interface with other elements of our support structure including tracking end-user issues, updating client tickets and ensuring closure.
- On call for IT Support.
Requirements for Systems Engineer
- 3-5 + years of relevant, hands-on experience troubleshooting and supporting Windows based servers and workstation systems.
- MS Windows Server related design and support experience is desired.
- 3-5+ hands-on experience working with Microsoft Windows Architecture - MS Windows Server 20012/2016/2019 Server, Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 and Office 365, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy, Remote Installation Services.
- Experience with documentation for system builds, configurations and support procedures.
- Moderate hands-on experience with VMware ESX, VDI, Hyper-v, or Citrix is a plus.
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Dell, IBM, HP,).
- Troubleshooting enterprise server and networking hardware/software.
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN architecture and of TCP/IP principles.
- Firewall/VPN/Internet Appliances.
- Strong understanding Backup & Disaster Recovery.
- Strong understanding of Internet and network security.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly