Founded in 2012, IXIS is rooted in innovative processes for data-driven digital experience and strategic online planning. Our mission is to integrate and synchronize traditional and digital marketing initiatives to recalibrate and connect brands across converging media. We offer competitive compensation packages including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible work schedules, and exceptional growth opportunities.
IXIS is seeking an energetic individual with experience building cloud-first software in AWS to join our team in developing cutting-edge, custom analytics and dashboarding solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with other software engineers and QA engineers to build secure and efficient analytics libraries, use serverless architecture to build integrated archival, specification, and testing systems, and follow best practices around CI/CD and test-driven development. This is a full-time, on-site position at our office in downtown Burlington, VT.
Note: remote work is currently practiced due to COVID-19 social distancing.
- Leveraging the AWS cloud platform, build an enterprise-grade system for archiving Single Page Applications (SPAs), specifying expected network behavior, testing against archives via browser automation, integrating tests into library code and formal product documentation, and interactively exploring archives to understand expected behavior.
- Design and implement analytics data collection libraries, practicing TDD and following best practices.
- Collaborate with technical, data science, QA, and operational resources
- Design and implement automated acceptance and reliability tests based on business requirements and company standards
- Learn about and share: new ideas, methodologies, techniques, and technology through mentoring, pair programming, and code reviews
- Design robust, appropriately normalized schemas for warehousing a wide variety of datasets and determine when SQL vs. NoSQL solutions are preferred
- Leverage traditional and container orchestration technologies to operate data systems
- Leverage shell scripting and Linux system operation skills to assist in the maintenance of and migration from legacy systems
Required Education and Skills
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related area, or equivalent industry experience; formal training in statistics/mathematics/machine learning a plus
- 3+ years of professional software development/engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Advanced relational database design skills
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- A test-driven approach to software development
- Core critical thinking skills, including good data intuition
- Development experience in a Linux or Mac environment
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with data streaming using tools like AWS Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience with pandas Python library
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker containerization and orchestration
Job Type: Full-time