Sidekick Interactive is a dynamic company which primarily develops mobile applications (native iOS and Android solutions) for a variety of different clients. We do custom work for clients as well as develop 3 in-house projects.
Most of the projects we are working on are technically challenging, so you should be comfortable with problem-solving, and implementing solid software engineering principles.
Why Work With Us?
- Fun friendly team
- Flexible hours
- Free coffee for super coding
- Open office near Place des Arts
- Work on cool new innovative projects
- Take on a significant role
- Learn and improve with the rest of the team (we love a good technical software engineering debate)
- Fully program Android applications (UI, animations, business logic, databases).
- Deploy Android applications to the Google Play Store.
- Take part in planning, technical discussions, and problem solving. We are looking for someone who can actively contribute to solutions.
- Take part in UX/UI discussions.
- Write some documentation.
- At least 3-years experience with native Android development.
- Strong understanding of Google’s Android Guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Good understanding of relational database modeling.
- Familiar with using APIs and JSON.
- Familiar with GIT code repositories.
- Documenting your work.
Nice To Have
- Good with UX and discussing designs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment.
- Bilingual (French & English).
- Some knowledge of Machine Learning / AI (completely not necessary short term, but could be interesting for some future projects in the pipeline).
- Able and willing to learn new technologies. We are a small team, so the more flexible each team member is the easier we can adapt.
- Good in math.
- Knowledge in Kotlin
- Knowledge in Android Architecture Components
- Knowledge in MVVM architecture
- Quick learner.
- Easy to discuss problems with.
- Able to validate your own work.
- Problem solver.
- Passionate about technologies and keeping up with latest trends.
- Calm temperament, even in stressful situations.
- Able to work in a team.
- Plays Rainbow Six Siege **
- Is careful about not giving spoilers for shows like Game of Thrones ***
** Not required, but always a plus
*** Absolutely required*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance